Are you an experienced frontend developer? Do you know your way around GIS? And do you live and breathe Angular? Then we might have the perfect opportunity for you as Autarco’s newest Front-End Developer!
About the Role
As our newest Front-End Developer, you will be contributing to the development of our user-facing applications, some of the most critical components in our software landscape. Your primary focus will be improving and expanding our tool for fully integrated PV system design based on interactive maps.
- Develop features such as user onboarding, intelligent map layer switching, geographic transformations, roof outline detection, automatic solar panel layouts, DC string planning, 3D roof modeling, wireframe views, automatic screenshots and many more.
- Contribute to technical modernization efforts such as improved build and test automation, load balancing, front-end logging and error reporting, WebAssembly and PWA with service workers.
- Tune for high performance, allowing effortless design of solar installations over 1 Megawatt.
- Act as second-tier support engineer for our Sales and Service Desk departments.
A day in the life of Autarco’s front end developer:
Together with the rest of your team, you will start the day with a nice office- or home brewed coffee or tea, and update each other on what’s going on in the daily standup. When you open up the jira board, you get reminded again that you as a dedicated frontend developer play a very special role at Autarco. No one else gets to translate the clients’ wishes regarding our solar system designer into nice fluent and intuitive UX. Right now, a couple of clients really wish they could have more real time insight when they add panels or move them around, in our visual top down designer, and last night you thought of a smart way to process these calculations in the background.
Over the day, you discuss a set of requested features with the product owner, and do a quick session with Martijn, to get a little more insight into how cast shadows on a set of solar panels will impact energy yield. And just before you close your laptop for the day, you come up with a nice idea for the next company after work drinks event.
What do we ask of you?
We do not expect you to tick all of the boxes, but to be comfortable with some and eager to develop yourself in all aspects.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as front-end developer
- Familiarity with OpenLayers, or any other Geographical Information Systems
- Experience with Angular or similar front-end framework
- Experience with TypeScript and SCSS
- Professional proficiency in English (Dutch is a pre)
It would also be great (but not essential) if you have:
- Familiarity with Jasmine, Cypress or similar test framework
- Experience with PHP
- Familiarity with Laravel or Symfony
- Familiarity with git, Docker and CI/CD tooling
- Experience with solar technology
- Knowledge of physics and/or electronics
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or similar cloud provider
- Experience with SQL
What do we offer in return?
- Attention to your personal ambitions, to help you reach full potential
- A competitive salary and annual profit sharing
- Travel allowance and pension scheme
- Personal budget for professional development and training
- 25 vacation days per year
- An informal but professional working environment with the real scale-up spirit
- A young and ambitious group of colleagues, ready to help you
- Hybrid working model: A lively office within walking distance of Eindhoven Strijp-S station, where we have a company lunch and play ping pong together
- An exciting feeling of empowerment and the satisfaction of having a real positive impact in the world
At Autarco we love making an impact by accelerating the transition to solar energy. We do this by giving solar installers super powers by combining our high quality hardware (modules, inverters, etc.) with our innovative software. This allows them to work much more effectively and sell and install more solar installations than their competitors. With us installers can easily design, sell, install and maintain solar power systems.
We believe that work should be fun. A happy and fulfilled team is our number one priority. We are a hard working team, with an informal and “tell it how it is” culture. Our working environment is dynamic, with short communication lines and most of all fun. We are a close-knit team, where everyone works together with mutual respect. Thinking along and showing initiative is strongly encouraged in everybody, because we do it together! Working in a team is just as natural for us as generating solar energy.
Located in the vibrant Strijp-S area of Eindhoven, the Netherlands, we're on a mission to revolutionize the solar energy landscape. We're looking for talented individuals to join our team and be part of our transformative journey.
Are you excited to join a fast-growing company that is changing the face of the solar industry? Don’t hesitate to contact our recruiter Ohinya at email@example.com or via LinkedIn.