We are looking for a Product Engineer for our premium brand in sustainable energy solutions. Are you eager to make the world a brighter and better place? Would you like to be involved in the successful integration with our product roadmap; to make sure we align with our business objectives, meet our customer needs, and market trends. And do you want to be part of an informal and professional scale-up? If so, please continue reading, because you might be the next addition to our team!
About the Role
As our newest Product Engineer, you potentially have a big impact on our solar systems. You are part of the Operations team; we are a small team of creative, talented and hardworking engineers. In this position, you will have a central role in Autarco when it comes to our products, working closely together with Marketing, Sales, IT, and Operations.
Day in the life of our current Product Engineer, Shiw!
Regular day at the office starts with a coffee, responding to emails and checking my calendar. Headed soon into our weekly Go-To-Market meeting, with Marketing, Sales, IT & Support, making key decisions about future product launches. Pretty soon it's time for lunch with all the colleagues, and ofcourse, lunch is on Autarco; lekkere tosti’s!
After a nice lunch it's time for some product testing. Today we’re testing our latest hybrid inverter with new prism cell Lithium-ion batteries for residential applications. Key things to understand are how easily they are installed together, confirming charge and discharge rates, communication, reliability and safety of the batteries, compatibility with our current product offerings, etc.
After a long and productive day at work, if it's a Thursday or a Friday evening, you can be rest assured someone’s grabbing a few drinks from the fridge and offering you one, always a great way to end a day.
- Product readiness - Freedom with accountability: Prepare solar products for successful market launch, ensuring they are fully functional, reliable, and well-documented, all while maintaining the freedom to innovate with accountability for results.
- Quality Assurance & improvement - Deliver on promise: Ensure that our solar products meet the brand’s quality standards and specification, delivering on Autarco’s promise of reliability and excellence.
- Product design & testing - Reach full potential: Design, develop and test hardware products across our range of solar modules, inverters, batteries and mounting systems, to align with the brand’s requirements, unlocking each item’s full potential for optimal performance.
- Sustainability and Environmental Considerations - Freedom with accountability: Collaborate with OEM partners to ensure that products align with the brand’s sustainability and environmental goals, demonstrating Autarco’s commitment to a cleaner future.
What do we ask of you?
We do not expect you to tick all of the boxes, but to be comfortable with some and eager to develop yourself in all aspects.
- Bachelor’s or Master degree in technical engineering
- Up to 5 years of working experience in a similar role (solar experience is a strong plus)
- Experience with batteries/storage is preferred
- Excellent teamwork skills with proven ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams
- Enthusiasm for solar power and renewable energy
- Willingness to work in the office in Eindhoven on hybrid basis
- Professional proficiency in English (Dutch is an added advantage)
What do we offer in return?
- A competitive salary and annual profit sharing
- Travel allowance and pension scheme
- Personal budget for professional development and training
- 25 vacation days per year
- An informal but professional working environment with the real scale-up spirit
- A young and ambitious group of colleagues, ready to help you
- Hybrid working model: A lively office within walking distance of Eindhoven Strijp-S station, where we have a company lunch and play ping pong together
- The satisfaction you get from having a real positive impact on the world
At Autarco we love making an impact by accelerating the transition to solar energy. We do this by giving solar installers super powers by combining our high quality hardware (modules, inverters, etc.) with our innovative software. This allows them to work much more effectively and sell and install more solar installations than their competitors. With us installers can easily design, sell, install and maintain solar power systems.
We believe that work should be fun. A happy and fulfilled team is our number one priority. We are a hard working team, with an informal and “tell it how it is” culture. Our working environment is dynamic, with short communication lines and most of all fun. We are a close-knit team, where everyone works together with mutual respect. Thinking along and showing initiative is strongly encouraged in everybody, because we do it together! Working in a team is just as natural for us as generating solar energy.
Located in the vibrant Strijp-S area of Eindhoven, the Netherlands, we're on a mission to revolutionize the solar energy landscape. We're looking for talented individuals to join our team and be part of our transformative journey.
What is the next step?
Are you interested in taking the next step and do you fit (most of) the requirements? Contact our recruiter Ohinya for more information or apply directly by emailing your resume via firstname.lastname@example.org. The recruiter will review your application and will contact you within 5 working days to schedule the initial interview. The next step is an interview with the hiring manager Bas and Ohinya. When successful, you’ll be invited for an interview with your future co-Product Engineer Shiwankar and CEO Dan. If all are successful, we’ll make you an offer and hope to welcome you soon in Eindhoven!