The world's safest solar solutions
Setting the standard in solar safety since 2011
One brand, one safe total solution
Autarco has been pioneering single-brand innovations to make the safest solar PV systems in the world. As a manufacturer of total solutions, Autarco can control risks far better than any traditional component brand. We have developed and employed several new technologies to improve the safety of all our systems. No matter the roof type, Autarco systems are designed to keep everyone safe.
Maximize safety with one solar brand
The risk of fire caused by a solar system is very low, particularly when high quality products and best practices are adopted. However, the solar industry is still relatively young and very price sensitive. This can result in poor product choice, component mismatch, incorrect design or installation defects, all of which have the potential of creating unsafe situations.
As an independent, single-brand company Autarco can control these risks far better than any traditional component brand. We create the safest solutions in the industry.
Prevention beats detection every time
Autarco’s total solar solutions mitigate the three main causes of unsafe situations.
- Product safety: Our quality control process ensures that all of our hardware is designed and built to provide safe and reliable performance.
- Design safety: Autarco’s software automatically prevents poor design, which eliminates the possibility of a poor design making it onto your roof.
- Install safety: We are committed to leading best practises within the industry. Autarco verifies all solar installations which need to pass due diligence.
We've got your back
With Autarco, there is no connector mismatch. As a total solution brand, we can guarantee that all of the connectors provided with a commercial Autarco system use Original MC4 connectors from Staubli; on the panels, on the inverters, on the inter-row connections and any loose connectors provided. This relatively straightforward benefit is impossible for a component brand to match with ease.
Some of our safety features of our products are:
- Quality hardware: Our quality control process ensures that all of our hardware is designed and built to provide safe and reliable performance.
- Integrated DC Switch: Integrated the DC switch inside our inverters which removes the second most common cause of installation defects after connectors.
- Fire rated cable: Autarco systems are installed with our fire resistant solar cable, further increasing total product safety.
- Digitized Advanced Arc Fault Detection: Our inverters deploy intelligent filtering and algorithms to detect spectral noise in the nominal power signature to detect arcing and quickly shut down the inverter and modules.
Autarco’s Helios software automatically prevents poor design. The design of your solar system is made in software developed by us, the manufacturer of the hardware that will go on the roof. We have eliminated the possibility of a poor design making it on to your roof.
Before the kWh guarantee is issued, the system must be registered by the installer in our software and pass our due diligence checks. The system will automatically check the output of your real-life system against the digital twin and your local weather conditions. In case of installation issues there’s a high percentage our software detects it and we’ll notify the installer so it can be resolved during this process.
Some of our installation safety features are:
- Online commissioning: Commissioning of new installations happens online. Your installer registers your new system in our software and it must pass the due diligence checks before the kWh guarantee is issued.
- Partner program: We have a partner program in place that makes sure we only work with the best installers possible. They are not only experienced, but also get Autarco specific training.
- Best practices: We are committed to leading best practises within the industry. Autarco initiated and was lead author in the Solar Power Europe O&M Best Practices chapter for distributed Solar.